Extensive investment in research and development has contributed hugely to the strong position of Irplast today, through the development of specific state-of-the-art technologies and solutions for the food, beverage, personal care and tobacco sectors: printed adhesive tapes, bundle tapes, roll fed labels, shrinkable sleeves and high technology films, able to meet market needs and environmental sustainability criteria.
Irplast has put together an impressive and integrated R&D structure, spanning three in-house laboratories, equipped with all the sophisticated instruments, and manned by highly trained material science experts.
The tests and experiments the Company is equipped to perform are:
• Analysis of physicochemical, mechanical and optical properties of plastic films
• Analysis and characterization of inks and adhesives
• Co-engineering activities with the principal stakeholders
• New product design & prototyping
• Statistical monitoring of performance indicators (yield, waste, CpK etc.)
• Technical assistance at end-users plants to guarantee the correct performance of:
– Film on packing machines
– Adhesive tapes on carton sealing machines
– Labels and bundle tapes on labelling machines
– Sleeves on sleeving machines.
The synergies between the three laboratories bring to the fore the specific know-how in the varied production processes, and ensure the production process as a whole to be in compliance with quality and environmental management systems but also with food safety requirements and tobacco quality standards.